Food poisoning can occur due to a number of reasons but the major reason is not proper cleanliness. For those of you who don’t know what food poisoning is, it is the development of bacteria in food making it stale and contaminated for use and whoever eats that food gets sick with food poisoning. Therefore some measures should be taken as Tips to Prevent Food Poisoning coming in your house.
Tips to Prevent Food Poisoning Measures?
There some simple Tips to Prevent Food Poisoning that can stop food poisoning. Some of them are:
- Meat, that is to be used, should be washed and cooked thoroughly. It should be placed in a controlled temperature or freezer so that minimum bacteria is developed.
- Raw meat and cooked meat should be placed separately. Always take care to place cooked meat separately and not in the same plate in which raw meat was placed. Even if bacteria was killed from cooking the meat it can still come back by placing it in the same plate.
- Wash your hands before eating your meal. Hands are dirty and contain bacteria which can cause food poisoning. So wash your hands with a good antibacterial hand wash.
- One of the major cause of food poisoning is the improper boiling of milk. Milk, before boiling, contains bacteria which can be hard on your stomach and upset it. You should boil milk at a good temperature. Keep boiling it for few minutes so that bacteria is killed and it is safe to use it.
- Never accept uncooked or raw meat at a restaurant because you never know if it’s actually healthy meat that you are eating. Restaurant kitchens are very unhygienic so avoid eating out.
- Always try to eat home-made food. Take time out to learn new recipes and new drinks. Also try to give your children home-made lunch so that they may avoid eating junk food.
- Keep your utensils washed and clean. Always clean countertops before using them for cooking purposes, many germs and bacteria are present on them.
- Along with utensils, wash your vegetables with lots of water. And try to wash each vegetable individually to clean the pesticide spray present on them. These sprays are very bad for health and can cause your immune system to become weak.
- Do not eat expired food. Always check the expiry date of processed food. If they are expired then throw them because the expiry date is there for a reason. After the food has expired, they develop a certain bacteria in them which can cause food poisoning.
- Before buying bread, check if there are any green or black spots present on the slices. If there are, then do not buy it. Always buy bread that is soft because softness indicates freshness and buy it from a good super market.
These are some of the simple routine Tips to Prevent Food Poisoning that you can take. Make them part of your daily life and enjoy a healthy and food poisoning free life.